Landscape Designer & Sales Associate
Position: Landscape Designer & Sales Associate
Employer: D&D Excavating & Landscape Service, Inc.
Terms: Full Time/Seasonal
Contact: Gene Dorn
Updated: January 31, 2012
"The Quiet, Quality Landscape Company"
Since 1970, D&D Landscape Service, Inc. has been serving residential and commercial customers in Northeast Wisconsin with excavating, landscaping, lawn & property care, snow removal, sprinkler systems and a variety of other professional services. D&D offers a full scope of contracting services including; excavation planning and execution, professional landscape designs, quality landscape installation, confident property maintenance programs, sound irrigation systems, highly valued snow removal service, and a host of landscape related offerings.
D&D Excavating and Landscape Service, Inc. is an innovative, ethical, progressive excavating and landscape company, providing the highest quality of service possible for residential and commercial customers. Working as partners with clients throughout each project by exceeding their expectations while meeting our firm commitment to getting it right.
Create & sell professional landscape designs and project installations for D&D clients servicing the greater Northeast Wisconsin area. Designs should be unique and stand out upon completion as professional and innovative. Work with the clientele and D&D staff to develop a concept that suits the customer’s needs and reflects the customer’s vision. Utilizing quality materials and experienced labor, deliver a professional and high-end landscape installation. Measuring of the property, project coordination, and project management are required elements as well as project/customer follow up. Proper estimating, job costing, and scheduling are essential responsibilities. Some pre-qualified cold calls within D&D’s determined client market is to be carried out as necessary. Working with introductory clients and established clients in developing a customer base providing them with ideas, concepts, and resolutions from initial conception through to completion as a fundamental job function. Must be willing to conform style to the vision of the client and also work with customers on overall property management.
Confidently generating & pursuing D&D customer leads
Estimating & procuring proposals
Sales presentation to clients
Project coordination & management
Final inspection at project completion
Invoice delivery & collection
Customer Relations Management & Client follow-up
Improve knowledge, education, & industry awareness
Availability during winter months to participate in snow removal activities
Tasks outlined by Sales Management Program and contributing to the mutual benefit of D&D
D&D requires for this position a motivated individual with at least a 2-year Associate Degree (pertaining to the industry) or 2 Years Landscape Design & Sales experience. Must also have a developed personal portfolio of past work and accomplishments. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record to operate company vehicles. Must have basic computer knowledge, a strong knowledge of plant materials, good communication skills, clean-cut personality, proven organizational skills, and willing to work in a TEAM environment. Must be able to complete tasks expressed in the job description and be willing to participate in other activities as deemed necessary by D&D.
Average 45+ hours/week. Typically from 7:00 AM till 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays, Sundays, and evenings may be required to accommodate clients’ needs and sales possibilities.
Requirements for hire:
Education &/or Degree(s):
· 2-year Associate Degree (pertaining to the industry)
· 2 years Landscape Design & Sales experience.
· Class D License – Regular (Auto, Light Truck, Moped)
Experience & Qualifications:
· Should have a Personal Portfolio (presentable for interview)
· Must be able to read – understand – write English
· Must be highly organized and capable of multi-tasking
· Must proficiently communicate with clients and colleagues your thoughts & ideas
· Have good attendance record and be on time for work and appointments
· Logical and technical reasoning skills
· Strong mathematical skills
· Dedication to D&D objectives
· Subject to pre-placement drug testing and medical examination
· $35,000.00 (& Up) /yr. Salary
· Based on experience & offerings
Benefits (after 1 year of service):
· Paid Holidays
· Earned Paid Time Off (vacation, sick-leave, personal time, flexible scheduling)
· Purchasing Discount
· Potential Health & Wellness Insurance
· Company Issued Cellular Phone
· Use of Company Vehicle
· Incentives Programs
· Parking & Office Space
· Work Outdoors
· Friendly Team Atmosphere
· Variety of Work Locations
· Realization of Accomplishments
· Enjoyable Environment
· Diversity of Work Experiences
· Rewards for Accomplishments & Innovations
· Advancement Opportunities
(D&D reserves the right to change or amend benefits at any time.)