Landscape Installation Assistant Foreman
Position: Landscape Installation Assistant Foreman
Employer: D&D Excavating & Landscape Service, Inc.
Terms: Full Time/Seasonal
Contact: Gene Dorn
Updated: January 31, 2012
"The Quiet, Quality Landscape Company"
Since 1970, D&D Landscape Service, Inc. has been serving residential and commercial customers in Northeast Wisconsin with excavating, landscaping, lawn & property care, snow removal, sprinkler systems and a variety of other professional services. D&D offers a full scope of contracting services including; excavation planning and execution, professional landscape designs, quality landscape installation, confident property maintenance programs, sound irrigation systems, highly valued snow removal service, and a host of landscape related offerings.
D&D Excavating and Landscape Service, Inc. is an innovative, ethical, progressive excavating and landscape company, providing the highest quality of service possible for residential and commercial customers. Working as partners with clients throughout each project by exceeding their expectations while meeting our firm commitment to getting it right.
Work outside and keep in great physical condition while installing professional landscapes at residential and commercial properties in the greater Northeast Wisconsin area. Interact with the crew foreman and assist in the coordination of projects and other crewmembers to provide optimum services. Assist with the daily Foreman functions including job set-up and crew coordination. Gain knowledge of landscape & garden design, plant materials, soil and mulch, hardscape design and installation, and the implementation of various outdoor living products. Learn and execute proper landscaping techniques and utilize equipment, power tools, small machinery, and hand tools to carry out full service installations and proper handling of all materials. Execute strong attention to detail and personal record keeping. Each D&D member has great attendance and strong work ethic attitudes. There is a distinguished willingness to learn proper techniques and accurately train other D&D members including the correct and safe operation of all hand tools, power tools, and machinery. Will routinely load/unload vehicles (including tractors onto trailers) and safely transport equipment and materials to job site. Individuals must be physically capable of properly lifting heavy materials on a regular basis.
· Assist the crew Foreman with delegated duties & appointed responsibilities
· Execute landscape installation tasks
· Coordinate loading, unloading, & staging of projects including work site
· Coordinate job tools, equipment & vehicles
· AM Loading & Vehicle prep
· Meet department tasks expectations
· Continuously Improve knowledge, education, & industry awareness
· Availability during winter months to participate in snow removal activities
D&D requires for this position a motivated individual with at least 2-years landscape installation experience. Strong candidates will be able to work well assisting the crew foreman, managing delegated responsibilities and helping others to achieve their goals. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record to operate company vehicles. Should have good knowledge of plant materials, working knowledge of equipment, good communication skills, clean-cut personality, proven organizational skills, and willing to work in a TEAM environment. Must be able to complete tasks expressed in the job description and be willing to participate in other activities as deemed necessary by D&D.
Average 45+ hours/week. Typically from 7:00 AM till 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Some Saturdays may be required to accommodate clients’ needs and work around weather conditions
Requirements for hire:
Education &/or Degree(s):
· 2 years Landscape Installation experience.
· Class D License – Regular (Auto, Light Truck, Moped)
Experience & Qualifications:
· Have at least 2 or 3 good references
· Must be able to read – understand – write English
· Must be organized, capable of multi-tasking & working with others
· Must proficiently communicate with clients and colleagues
· Have good attendance record and be on time for work
· Logical and technical reasoning skills
· Follow direction & work independently at times
· Strong mathematical skills a plus
· Dedication to D&D objectives
· Subject to pre-placement drug testing and medical examination
· $12.00 - $15.00 (& Up) /hr.
· Based on experience & offerings
Benefits (after 1 year of service):
· Paid Holidays
· Earned Paid Time Off (vacation, sick-leave, personal time, flexible scheduling)
· Purchasing Discount
· Potential Health & Wellness Insurance
· Incentives Programs
· Work Outdoors
· Reserved Parking Space
· Friendly Team Atmosphere
· Variety of Work Locations
· Realization of Accomplishments
· Enjoyable Environment
· Diversity of Work Experiences
· Rewards for Accomplishments & Innovations
· Advancement Opportunities
(D&D reserves the right to change or amend benefits at any time.)